How do I create a vision board and how do I use it best? Here you will find a guide on how to create and use a vision board to get closer to your goals.
How to create a digital vision board?
There are many different ways to create a vision board, such as:
- Pinboard with cut out photos
- Digital as image
- Sketch in a diary
I use a digital vision board as wallpaper in my computer and my cell phone. I will explain you how to create it in a few steps.
1. Write down your goals
This process can take a little time, as we often don’t even know what we want to achieve in our lives. If that’s the case, take inspiration from other vision boards, magazines, etc. for instance. For example, I took an afternoon and thought about it and wrote down my goals, dreams and desires. To do this, I use meditation as a tool to help me focus and get clear thoughts.
These newly formulated goals can of course change again and again in the course of your life and thus a vision board is never something static. It will change, just as we continue to develop our personality.
Once you have formulated a goal, write down exactly what you need to do to achieve it. You can ask yourself the following questions.
What do I need to change about myself?
How can I develop personally?
Who can help me realize these goals?
How do I track my progress to achieve the goals?
I also recommend you my article: Achieving SMART goals – How to formulate your goals correctly
2. Use a software to create the vision board.
Here they have a wide range of programs that are available. For example: Canva,
I personally use Canva because it is very easy to use and also already has an image collection integrated. With Canva you can design many other things, from background images to letterheads to calendars.
Of course, you can use your own images or browse websites that offer free images, such as Unsplash, Pixabay and Pexels.
To create a new design, choose a collage layout that works for you and upload the selected photos. Add a few inspirational words that move you and are important to them. I use quotes for my vision board.
The following quotes inspire me:
- “It is goals that give meaning to our lives.”- C.H. Parkhurst
- “Whatever you can do or dream you can do, start doing it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The secret of success is to begin.” – Mark Twain
- “What you do in a good mood is not difficult for you” – Hungarian wisdom.
- “It doesn’t matter where you come from. All that matters is where you’re going.” – unknown
- “Every man is the architect of his own future.” – Sallust
- “Our fate depends not on the stars, but on our actions.” – William Shakespeare
- “Courage is at the beginning of action, happiness at the end.” – Democritus
- “Every day is a new chance to do what you want.” – Friedrich von Schiller
- “Whoever fights can lose. He who does not fight has already lost!” – Bertolt Brecht
- “What happens without rest does not last.” – Ovid
- “Mistakes are the gateway to new discoveries.” – James Joyce
- “Happiness is the only thing that doubles when it is shared.” – Albert Schweitzer
3. Create a wallpaper or screensaver
Now create a screensaver from the image on your computer and also set the image as a background on your cell phone and PC/laptop. Vision boards influence your subconscious mind and for that you need to look at it as often as possible.
Every time you look at your cell phone or screen, take a moment to remind yourself how good it will be when you reach these goals or objectives.
How to use the Vision Board?
For a vision board to make a difference, discipline is required. Take time every day to think about your goals. To do this, look at your entire vision board every day and imagine in detail what your life will look like when you have achieved your goals. This ritual trains your mind to help you get closer to your goals. To do this, it’s best to ask yourself the following:
How will it feel when I reach a goal?
Of course, to achieve goals, it is not enough just to dream about them or visualize them. You need to develop a plan with which you can achieve your goals little by little. It is best to set small intermediate goals on the way to your larger goals. This way it is much easier to monitor your progress towards achieving all your targets.
A vision board is a very powerful tool. When used properly, it can change your life. By representing your goals – whether in physical or digital form – you will be inspired to work on achieving your dreams.
A vision board helps you focus on what you want to achieve in your life. Now it’s up to you to work on achieving your
Now you should get started right away and use Canva or another program to create your personal vision board so you can get one step closer to your goals.
GELVOS was created with the idea of how to implement “earn money without stress” and for this I would like to give you our experience again. All articles on this page are divided into these sections: make. save. invest. live. If you don’t want to miss anything, subscribe to our free newsletter and get a big step closer to your goals!